Thursday, August 21, 2003

Relocating.

The New Criterion threw a great part -- ahem, book sale -- this evening, cleaning out their offices in preparation for a move to new digs downtown. It's not often you go to a book sale where they provide wine, beer & munchies (Thank you to the nice girl who coerced another employee into providing me with their last beer -- much appreciated!) The staff were very friendly, although I admit I did feel slightly out of my element. However, I did walk away with Allen Ginsberg's Collected Poems, Christopher Lasch's The True & Only Heaven, Gertrude Himmelfarb's On Looking Into the Abyss, Gary Dorrien's The Neoconservative Mind (a study of Irving Kristol, Norman Podhoretz, Michael Novak & Peter Berger) and last but not least The Art of War in the Western World -- the latter which I'll probably never read, but it was a steal at $2.00 and does look rather impressive on one's bookshelf.

No comments: