Saturday, November 20, 2004

When God says "It's Not Your Time" . . . It's Not Your Time.

A Hindu seer in India's eastern Orissa state was berated by angry crowds when he failed to die after declaring his soul would leave his body at an appointed time, a report said on Friday.

The chief cleric of the Sriguru Ashram in the Kharagaon area of Konark said he would die a natural death on Wednesday between 6am and noon, the Asian Age newspaper said, without naming him.

Elaborate police arrangements were made as a crowd of 15 000 turned up to see the "death by will" miracle. . . . reporters asked the seer what had happened, he replied: "Perhaps the will of God was somewhat different. I am very shocked to have given you so much pain. I wanted to leave my mortal body, but I could not. Please forgive me."

- Mail & Guardian Sapa-AFP. (Via The Revealer).

No comments: